In order to protect teeth from major damages one must have to take extra care of them. Proper cleaning and restoration procedures must be adopted especially when cracks or fractures are noticeable. Fractures normally occur due to cavities that are present in the mouth which slowly weaken the teeth. If you bite something hard, like a piece of ice or a nut, that weakened tooth can crack. If you really want to repair the fractured tooth, you can consult a renowned dentist equipped with all the necessary technology. The name you should contact is Dr Arthur A. Kezian. He is fully equipped with all latest treatments and machinery.
How to Identify Fractured Teeth?
- A major misconception regarding cracked or fractured teeth is that you feel pain. This is not true in all cases. Sometimes, pain doesn’t start until the fracture is big enough to let decay enter the nerve.
- If you have pain this usually means the crack is extended towards the chewing surface. It is the condition of vertical cracks which result in tooth loss. It is very painful while chewing and can be sensitive to temperature like hot or cold water and foods. But, not to worry, cracks and fractures can be fixed through proper dental treatments.
- If the teeth have any serious fractures that affect the root canal it becomes very painful. For this, you have to consult the dentist and schedule an RCT (root canal treatment).
Some Tips to Lessen the Pain:
- In order to lessen the impact of pain, a person can adopt numerous ways like proper cleansing of the tooth.
- Cleanse your mouth with a warm salt water rinse. This helps to reduce the swelling in the gums. This could be done for 3 to 4 times.
- If fractured teeth are bloody, you can stop the blood by applying pressure to the area with a gauge. This activity controls the emission of blood.
- With the help of cold padding on the cheeks you can give a soothing effect to the teeth. This also minimizes the swelling and pain.
- Along with all this, you can take pain killers to reduce the effect of pain.
- Thus, all these points are very effective in giving a relaxing effect to the fractured tooth and retaining the normal eating and chewing conditions.
Suitable Restitution Method:
- If you have fractured teeth and have pain in them, you must have to consult a good dentist for immediate treatment. Don’t go for self medication because it may seriously damage the condition of your teeth. Moreover, if the pain is excruciating then a root canal is involved.
- Fractured teeth that have cracks extended deep to the roots may need to be extracted. This means that you won’t be able to judge the condition by your own and would need to get professional advice.
- Dr. Kezian is the right option for taking care of dental treatments. He and his staff have all latest equipments and knowledge about such cases. Give them a call today and take care of your smile!