By Arthur Kezian
Oral hygiene is very important as it keeps your mouth and teeth safe from dental problems. The majority of people take the importance of brushing and flossing daily for granted. What they do not understand is lack of proper dental hygiene has a powerful effect on your overall health. Neglecting your dental hygiene does not just cause sore teeth or bad breath, but can create all sorts of health problems including something more extreme like oral cancer. Oral health problems go undetected until there are acute symptoms such as pain and infection. Even with the best homecare, bacteria and food debris can remain in the mouth which later turn into plaque and create tartar. Recently, science has found that teeth problems are connected to cardiac disease, pneumonia, stroke and even problems during pregnancies. Dr. Kezian, a Los Angeles dentist, is a specialized doctor in oral health and has been treating and educating the public about the problems created by lack of proper oral health. Dr. Kezian and his staff keep updated with the latest advanced technology and methods to keep the mouth free from any dental problems.
Problems Related To Lack Of Oral Health:
- Oral health, if not done properly, can affect your appearance and sense of well being. Tooth cavities and gum disease can lead to serious diabetes and respiratory problems. Bacteria formed due to plaque in the teeth can travel from the mouth to the lungs and create serious lung conditions. Diabetic patients are more prone to gum disease and run the risk of diabetic complications.
- Pregnant women with poor oral health are at a higher risk of premature delivery and under weight babies than women with good oral health. Babies born prematurely run the risk of developmental complications and are at a higher risk of infant death. Poor oral health can affect your self-esteem, can create sleeping problems, and affect your ability to chew and digest food properly. It can also create behavioral and developmental problems in children. Pregnant women should visit their dentist in Los Angeles to keep their teeth and gums clean during pregnancy.
- Amount of dietary consumption can also become a factor for teeth problems; sugar consumption creates enzymes and acid that destroy teeth and gums. At a time there are 10 to 15 billion bacteria inside the mouth which create plaque and weaken your teeth. Smoking is one of the biggest factors for gum disease and oral cancer.
Minimizing Your Oral Health Risk:
- To maintain good oral health you should brush and floss on a daily basis, if not after every meal. You should use an antimicrobial to rinse your mouth to reduce bacteria. Proper eating habits should be maintained and smoking should be avoided at any cost. Even if you smoke you should visit your dentist in Los Angeles for a dental exam.
- Pregnant women should eat healthy food and maintain good oral health. Children should be guided to brush their teeth after every meal. Regular dental checkups should be done every six months with you Los Angeles dentist.
Dr. Kezian has been treating oral health related problems and educating patients on oral hygiene. He conveys a message that a healthy mouth makes way for a healthy body. Dr. Kezian and his staff are on a mission to create awareness among people on the pros and cons of oral health.